Anyone that knows me knows I like to ask questions. A lot of them.
These are questions I'm interested in the answers to. If you've answers, do share!
- How much do radio stations pay artists/record labels when they play a given song? How important a source of revenue is this for artists/record labels? Is this one of the larger or smaller operating costs for a radio station?
- It's well known that the total cost of ownership of corporate servers is in managing the servers and not the hardware/software. Why? What specifically are all these people managing the software doing?
- Where do computers go when they die?
- How do airplanes fly?
- Why do goverments pay for/subsidize local sports teams? What are the economics behind this decision? Does it make good fiscal sense?
- Corporate espionage! How much of it is there in the world? Why isn't there more? Are all offices bugged?
- Are first generation American immigrants more likely to start their own business than other Americans?
- What percent of people in the US have desktop search on their Windows XP box?
- What recycling is done at the city dump (as opposed to at the point
of disposal)? Why isn't more done? Would changing the chemical
composition of plastic such that it's easily identified ensure that
every plastic bottle in the world is recycled?